WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A fourth arrest has been made in connection with a mid-January West Point shooting that wounded a man.
On Thursday, U.S. Marshals captured William E. Gaines of Fayette, Mississippi.
He was booked into the Clay County jail on the charge of aggravated assault. His bond was set at $200,000.
This is in relation to the January 13 shooting on 5th Street in West Point. On that day, when officers arrived, they found a man with multiple gunshot wounds. The victim was taken to a local hospital, then airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. The person's current condition is unknown.
Three other men were previously arrested in the case:
Joshua Ewing, 21, of West Point - charged with accessory after the fact
Tymotheous Henry, 30, of Columbus – aggravated assault
Jenerrio Jones, 27, of Memphis – aggravated assault
- UPDATE: Fourth arrest made for West Point shooting
- Fourth West Point shooting suspect headed back to Mississippi
- Third West Point shooting suspect arrested
- UPDATE: West Point shooting leads to one arrest
- UPDATE: West Point police make second shooting arrest
- UPDATE: Fourth arrest made in Booneville armed robbery
- Fourth arrest made in stolen property case
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Oxford Lyric shooting
- UPDATE: Bond set for West Point shooting suspect