BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Booneville man is now in custody for a weekend pursuit that injured a police officer.
The suspect is identified as Tony Eugene Owens, 32. He is charged with felony fleeing and domestic violence.
He was wanted for the Saturday pursuit.
Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey says the incident stemmed from a domestic dispute call in which a woman had been assaulted on Hatchie Street.
Owens is accused of fleeing from officers.
RELATED: Officer released from hospital following chase
A Booneville police officer was injured during the pursuit near the Prentiss, Tippah County line. The officer was later released from the hospital following the accident.
- UPDATE: Fleeing suspect arrested in Booneville case
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- UPDATE: Fourth arrest made in Booneville armed robbery
- UPDATE: Fifth arrest made for Booneville armed robbery
- UPDATE: Booneville youth charged with attempted murder
- UPDATE: Booneville woman no longer missing
- UPDATE: Hatchie Street reopened in Booneville
- Two arrested in Booneville for separate burglaries
- ATV theft leads to arrest in Booneville