STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Repairs have been made following a sewage spill in Starkville during the weekend.
On Tuesday, Starkville Utilities announced its crews have completed repairs on the damaged pipeline.
"Our waste water treatment plant has resumed normal operations," the agency stated.
SEWAGE SPILL: Our Team has completed repairs on the damaged pipeline. Our waste water treatment plant has resumed normal operations.
— Starkville Utilities (@Stark_Utilities) May 15, 2018
During the weekend, the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality issued a general water contact advisory for a section of Hollis Creek. The section was at 305 Sand Road where the creek joins the Noxubee River.
On Monday, Starkville Utilities stated no drinking was contaminated.
RELATED: No drinking water contaminated
- UPDATE: Crews complete repairs after Starkville sewage spill
- UPDATE: No drinking water contaminated after Starkville sewage spill
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Crews to repair water line in Oxford
- Starkville crews restore power after transformer failure
- UPDATE: Starkville woman found safe
- Some in Shannon experiencing sewage smell
- Crews work to repair power outages in Itawamba Co.
- Columbus seeing power outages, crews working to repair
- UPDATE: Work on Endville Road completed