ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - According to Aberdeen police, three missing children from Aberdeen have been found safe near Miami, Florida.
Aberdeen Interim Police Chief Quinell Shumpert confirmed Wednesday that Jachin Graham, 3, Nasir Brown, 4, and Niyeema Prigeon, 6, have been found safe.
The woman accused of taking the children is their biological mother, Ashli Brown, 27, is now in police custody, Shumpert confirms.
According to the U.S. Marshal Assistant Chief Manny Puri, Brown was tracked down to her ex-boyfriend's house in Opa-locka, where she was arrested without incident.
He says she attempted to change her appearance by cutting her hair short and dying her hair blonde.
The group has been missing since early February. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation says the children were abducted from their home in the 400 block of Columbus Street sometime near 2 p.m. on February 7.
Puri says Brown's newborn child was also found. She reportedly used the newborn to lure the children out of their grandparents' home in Aberdeen. Their grandmother is their foster parent.
The children are in the custody of the Department of Child & Famiy Services.
Shumpert says his department is working to bring the children back to Aberdeen.
Photo: U.S. Marshals Service
- UPDATE: Missing Aberdeen children found safe in Florida
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Vardaman man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Byhalia woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Tupelo teen found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing South Pontotoc students found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Illinois man found safe