MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA) - Two local communities in Alabama are getting thousands of dollars from the federal government for projects.
Brilliant is receiving $350,000 for sewer improvements, and Vernon is getting the same amount for sewer and street improvements.
The money is part of more than $10.5 million in grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development administered by the state.
- Two local communities get federal money for improvements
- Mississippi State using federal money to plan new road
- Local drug court gets $850K federal grant
- Local farmers appointed to federal soybean board
- Counterfeit Money Circulating Locally, Police Say
- $7 million in federal money to be given for MSU road project
- A community says goodbye to local firefighter
- Community Comes Together to Save Local Farm
- Facebook owes you money
- Local elementary school raises money for child shot in neck