CRENSHAW, Miss. (AP) — Authorities in Mississippi say two people were killed after an all-terrain vehicle collided with an Amtrak train.
News outlets report that the crash happened Saturday around 9:45 p.m. The victim's identities were not immediately released.
Amtrak officials confirmed in a statement that the train was traveling from New Orleans to Chicago when it came into contact with the ATV with two people on it.
None of the 121 passengers aboard the train were injured, and the train was delayed for several hours.
- Two killed when ATV collides with Amtrak train
- Amtrak train derails south of Seattle
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- UPDATE: Okolona woman killed after colliding with crane on highway
- Truck collides with 18-wheeler in Lee County
- Duo charged with Itawamba County ATV theft
- ATV rider airlifted following tree collision
- ATV theft leads to arrest in Booneville