HAMILTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Two Hamilton residents died Thursday as a result of a two-vehicle collision in Hamilton.
According to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley, the head-on collision happened at approximately 7:27 p.m. on Hamilton Road near Grubb Springs Road in Hamilton.
Gurley identifies the victims as 32-year-old Brandi Jo Barnes and 54-year-old Malcom L. Houk.
Barnes was the driver of a 2006 Pontiac car that was traveling west on Hamilton Road.
Houk was traveling east on Hamilton Road in a 2004 Chevrolet pickup truck. His wife was a passenger in the truck.
Following the collision, Gurley says Barnes' vehicle overturned and she was pronounced dead at the scene. She was not wearing a seatbelt, according to Gurley. The cause of death was multiple trauma.
Following the collision, Houk and his wife were transported to Baptist Memorial-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He later died at 10:37 p.m. from internal injuries. Gurley says Houk was not wearing a seatbelt.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department is investigating the accident.
- Two Hamilton residents die from injuries in Thursday collision
- Two receive injuries in Monroe County collision
- No injuries in Hamilton house fire
- Man arrested following Tupelo collision
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Clay County collision kills one
- Finding Alexander Hamilton in Nevis
- Two from Memphis die in weekend crash
- 2 Mississippi children die in house fire
- Hasbro-Mattel merger rumor just won't die