Editor's Note: This article has been updated.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman was taken into custody Wednesday following a pursuit in Tupelo.
On Wednesday at approximately 12:45 p.m., a Tupelo police officer attempted to stop a silver Lexus SUV for speeding on Cliff Gookin Boulevard.
Police say the suspect continued north on Cliff Gookin Boulevard to Main Street where the suspect drove through the parking lot of a gas station before continuing east on West Main Street.
Police say the suspect continued east and parked at West Tupelo Family Medical.
The suspect was identified as Vanity Riddle, 26. She was taken into custody at the time.
Misdemeanor charges were filed including speeding, fleeing or eluding law enforcement and disregard for traffic device.
She was the only person in the vehicle.
No injuries or damages were reported during the incident.
- UPDATE: Tupelo police take person into custody following chase
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'd in Tupelo chase
- UPDATE: Person in custody for questioning after Verona shooting
- UPDATE: Man wanted for burglary in Tupelo now in custody
- UPDATE: Bond set for suspect in Tupelo chase
- Tupelo man charged with leading police on short chase
- Tupelo man leads police on high speed chase
- UPDATE: Tupelo police officers accept back pay
- Chase through Tupelo ends in arrest
- UPDATE: Woman wanted for intimidation now in police custody