TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tupelo man is accused of leading police on a short chase earlier this week.
On Wednesday, April 11, Tupelo police arrested 26-year-old Jerome Smith
Police say officers were conducting a safety checkpoint at the intersection of Monument Drive and Bryan Drive. Police say Smith refused to pull to the road's shoulder and instead fled in a gray Kia Optima.
A short pursuit followed in the area of Monument Drive.
Smith later ran off Torrey Street and hit a fence. Police say he fled on foot but was quickly captured by officers.
Smith was alone in the car and no injuries were reported.
He faces several traffic violations, as well as possession of a controlled substance and failure to stop for officers.
- Tupelo man charged with leading police on short chase
- Tupelo man leads police on high speed chase
- Tupelo police charge man with molestation
- Police: Man stabbed in Tupelo
- Tupelo police arrest naked man
- UPDATE: Tupelo police take person into custody following chase
- UPDATE: Man faces charges in Lee Co. police chase
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'd in Tupelo chase
- Chase through Tupelo ends in arrest
- Tupelo police charge two with auto B&E