TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - This morning Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicts six more weeks of winter weather.
The Tupelo Buffalo Park has their own weather prognosticator, Jefferson the groundhog.
Friday morning Jefferson’s gate was opened for him to decide how much more winter we will have in north Mississippi.
Jefferson made the decision to stay in his warm home and completely avoid the bitter cold.
- Tupelo groundhog stays in cave
- U.S. Army says Apache helicopters staying in Tupelo
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- MLK Day in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- Tupelo burglary suspects arrested
- Tupelo card skimming suspect arrested
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo
- Man arrested following Tupelo collision
- Tupelo police respond to shooting