TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - This morning Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicts six more weeks of winter weather.
The Tupelo Buffalo Park has their own weather prognosticator, Jefferson the groundhog.
Friday morning Jefferson’s gate was opened for him to decide how much more winter we will have in north Mississippi.
Jefferson made the decision to stay in his warm home and completely avoid the bitter cold.
- Tupelo groundhog stays in cave
- Groundhog Day Fast Facts
- Trump's America is caving, as autocrats rise
- U.S. Army says Apache helicopters staying in Tupelo
- Divers discover world's longest underwater cave system in Mexico
- 'This is a massacre': Turkey's bombs drive families into caves
- Sandy Hook parents: Online platforms are caving to hoaxers
- 7 miners killed in cave-in in South Africa
- Why does Melania stay?
- The groundhog hath spoken! Welcome to six more weeks of winter