JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - With Super Bowl Sunday a few days away, the Mississippi Highway Patrol will increase patrols to remove impaired motorists from roadways.
Operation Crash Awareness and Reduction will begin Sunday at noon and end at midnight.
MHP says all available troopers will be assigned to saturation patrols. Safety checkpoints will also be established.
According to MHP, statistics show impaired driving crashes spike on Super Bowl Sunday when motorists are traveling to and from game festitivies.
Troopers advise motoritsts to make responsible decisions.
- Troopers to increase patrol on Super Bowl Sunday
- South Carolina coach celebrates Eagles' Super Bowl victory in Starkville
- MHP: Troopers busy during winter weather
- People locally react to NFL rejecting veterans Super Bowl print ad
- Amory police crackdown on street patrols
- Alabama jobless rate increases slightly
- Alabama troopers investigate 23 traffic deaths during holiday period
- Man serving time in trooper's death dies in prison
- Grandmother dies, one critical injured in trooper-involved accident
- Trooper: Cadets were forced to make abuse claims