JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - With Super Bowl Sunday a few days away, the Mississippi Highway Patrol will increase patrols to remove impaired motorists from roadways.
Operation Crash Awareness and Reduction will begin Sunday at noon and end at midnight.
MHP says all available troopers will be assigned to saturation patrols. Safety checkpoints will also be established.
According to MHP, statistics show impaired driving crashes spike on Super Bowl Sunday when motorists are traveling to and from game festitivies.
Troopers advise motoritsts to make responsible decisions.
- Troopers to increase patrol on Super Bowl Sunday
- South Carolina coach celebrates Eagles' Super Bowl victory in Starkville
- People locally react to NFL rejecting veterans Super Bowl print ad
- MHP: Troopers busy during winter weather
- Alabama troopers remind motorists to buckle up
- AL troopers identify motorcyclist killed in wreck
- Former MHP trooper indicted following fatal wreck
- Local parolee suspected of shooting Missouri trooper
- Troopers respond to Oktibbeha County wreck
- Amory police crackdown on street patrols