The Mississippi Highway Patrol has released the name of the person killed in an accident between a car and a sport utility vehicle in northern Prentiss County.
Troopers say Dustin Crowe, 37, of Booneville, was driving his SUV north on Highway 45 when a car pulled out from County Road 1090 around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and struck the vehicle.
Crowe's SUV flipped several times, and he was thrown from the vehicle. He died at the site of the accident.
Master Sergeant Ray Hall says troopers eventually caught up with Emanuel Elliott, 38, of Rienzi, who is accused of leaving the accident site.
According to Hall, charges may be pending against Elliott.
PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - One person is dead following a wreck near the Prentiss County/Alcorn County line.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms this was on Highway 45.
The name of the deceased has not been released by troopers at this time.
An MHP spokesperson says troopers are investigating this as a possible hit-and-run.
This is a developing story, and this article will be updated as more information becomes known.
- UPDATE: Names released concerning fatal wreck in Prentiss County
- One dead after wreck in Prentiss County
- 1 person airlifted from Prentiss County wreck
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- UPDATE: Phone issues in Prentiss County fixed
- MHP responds to serious wreck in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- UPDATE: Troopers ID victim of fatal Lafayette County wreck
- Fatal Tishomingo County wreck under investigation