Scroll for more content...
Bailey Boyles, 31, Brenda Miller, 22, both of Columbus, and Steven Carley, 31, of Caledonia, were arrested.
Chief Deputy Marc Miley says Boyles had showed up at the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department say she wanted the charges dropped against Miller.
While talking to investigators, the district attorney's office notified deputies Miller was at their office with $7,000.
According to Miley, the money was apparently to be paid to Boyles in exchange for her dropping the charges.
Miller was later arrested with Carley when he arrived at the jail to pick her up after being interviewed about the cash.
Boyles was arrested at her home.
The case will be presented to the Lowndes County grand jury.
- Three charged in Lowndes County bribery case
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Woman charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Duo charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Husband injured, woman charged in Lowndes County
- Four charged with bribery including crime victim
- Skull in Lowndes County makes third recent bones case
- Arrest made in case of stolen equipment in Lowndes County
- Man charged following altercation with Lowndes County deputies
- Local man charged with burglary in Lowndes County