COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Three people face charges in the investigation of bribing a witness in a burglary case in Lowndes County.
Bailey Boyles, 31, Brenda Miller, 22, both of Columbus, and Steven Carley, 31, of Caledonia, were arrested.
Chief Deputy Marc Miley says Boyles had showed up at the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department say she wanted the charges dropped against Miller.
While talking to investigators, the district attorney's office notified deputies Miller was at their office with $7,000.
According to Miley, the money was apparently to be paid to Boyles in exchange for her dropping the charges.
Miller was later arrested with Carley when he arrived at the jail to pick her up after being interviewed about the cash.
Boyles was arrested at her home.
The case will be presented to the Lowndes County grand jury.
- Three charged in Lowndes County bribery case
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Four charged with bribery including crime victim
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Woman charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Duo charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Husband injured, woman charged in Lowndes County
- Man charged with extortion in Lowndes County
- Arrest made in case of stolen equipment in Lowndes County