TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Ten corporations were honored at the BancorpSouth Conference Center on Saturday for the annual state-wide Corporate Honors Gala.
The "OurMississippi Honors" recognizes Mississippi corporations for their diversity practices.
Some individuals were given awards like the Legendary Achievement award and the Business-Woman of The Year award.
Well-known actor Louis Gossett Jr. was a guest speaker and was also recognized for his work.
He says it is an honor, especially at this point in his career.
He says he loves to share positivity to the youth.
"We're going in the right direction," Gossett Jr. said. "Just take a deep breath and congratulate them on their diversity and let them know we are going in the right direction."
- Ten state corporations are honored for diversity and a famous actor is featured
- Local park featured on new state road map
- Actor Burt Reynolds dies at 82
- Search begins to find Union soldiers in famous Columbus cemetery
- Famous Houston solar car team once again finishes on top
- State flags lowered to honor Barbara Bush
- Tennessee school district looks to end corporal punishment
- Graceland's new feature to bring guests to Tupelo
- Students featured in Ole Miss donor's post speak out
- Local school honored for being among healthiest in state