TUPELO, Miss (WTVA) -- A teacher who has given nearly 20 years to the Tupelo Public School District was awarded a special honor Friday night.
Josefina Rayburn was presented with the Junior Auxiliary of Tupelo's Outstanding Citizen of the Year award at the 55th annual Charity Ball.
The organization says rayburn pushed her students to do well and excel in their academics.
"There are many more people inside these areas and outside that deserve this a lot more than I do. I appreciate whoever nominated me and I humble receive these great honor," Rayburn said.
The Junior Auxiliary of Tupelo Outstanding Citizen of the Year award is an award to recognize individuals with exceptional community service.
- Teacher receives Citizen of the Year award
- Webster Co. doctor receives Country Doctor of the Year award
- Ole Miss' Khayat receives Winter-Reed award for educational excellence
- Sheriff's department hosts senior citizens for luncheon
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Lightning playing havoc in Tupelo, citizens urged to be cautious
- Ingomar FD receives new pumper
- 16th annual Mississippi Trailblazers Awards
- Man sentenced for human trafficking; attorney thanks Oxford citizens for quick thinking
- Houlka receives new playground equipment for fitness