JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi's flu-like illness rate has dropped to its lowest point in 2018.
The rate for the week ending March 3 comes in at 3.9 percent.
Just two weeks before that, the rate was at 7.8 percent.
Both are well below the season's peak at more than 12 percent during the Christmas-New Year's holiday period.
- State's flu indicator at its lowest point in 2018
- Flu is striking states in the Deep South particularly hard
- State flu rate drops back under 10 percent
- State flu-like rate down more than a percent
- West Point man charged with aggravated assault
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- West Point man accused of burglary
- West Point experiences brief power outage
- Investigation continues into West Point shooting
- Investigation continues into West Point armed robbery