JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The latest report from the state says the flu rate in Mississippi has dropped below 10 percent again.
A report released Friday by the Mississippi State Department of Health puts the rate of influenza-like illness at 9.7 percent for the week ending February 3.
The ILI rate for the previous week came in at 10.3 percent. It was 9.5 percent the week before that.
The health department region that includes Greenville and Greenwood has the highest rate at 23.3 percent. That region also includes Montgomery and Attala counties.
Other regions in our area have ILI rates lower than the state rate.
- State flu rate drops back under 10 percent
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.6 percent
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.7 percent
- State flu-like rate down more than a percent
- Mississippi's flu rate goes back up
- Big drop for Mississippi's flu-like illness rate
- Mississippi high school graduation rate at record 83 percent
- Homicide rate drops in Columbus in 2017
- Mississippi flu rate stays same from last year
- Hospital takes extra precautions as flu rate increases