JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) -- The Mississippi Commissioner of Insurance and State Fire Marshal is warning people about phone scams where callers request donations for members of the fire service.
Mike Chaney says his office has received numerous reports of phone solicitations for the Fallen Firefighters Association and the Mississippi Firefighters Association.
The State Fire Academy has also received reports of someone contacting fire departments seeking donations for the Mississippi State Fire Academy.
Chaney says non of the associations or the academy raise money through phone solicitations.
He reminds people not to give out personal information via phone or email.
If you receive a call, report the number to the Consumer Division of the Attorney General’s Office at 601-359-4230 or 1-800-281-4418.
- State fire marshal warns of phone scam
- U.S. Marshals warn of phone scam
- AT&T warns of phone scam
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- Trustmark warns of phone, text scam
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- New Albany police warn of phone scams
- Starkville police warn of phone scam
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam