OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The State Auditor's Office is investigating the Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors.
The Starkville Daily News reports, the investigation is underway for giving away county property free of charge.
The investigation began after the reconstruction of a bridge located on Reed Road in the fall of 2017.
Board Attorney Rob Roberson says the investigation could be resolved in the next four weeks.
He also says the county has cooperated with whatever information auditors ask for.
- State Auditor: Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors under investigation
- Oktibbeha County supervisors vote to reappoint fire coordinator
- Report: Oktibbeha County supervisors approve offer for property
- Lee County Board of Supervisors to review new jail proposal
- Oktibbeha County investigators seek identities in credit card fraud case
- Prentiss County supervisor arrested for DUI
- Lane closures expected in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs
- No injuries in Oktibbeha County house fire
- Report: Oktibbeha County fire coordinator under scrutiny