Tuesday night the Starkville Board of Alderman terminated Parks and Rec Director Herman Peters.
No reason was given as to his termination.
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - One Starkville Parks and Recreation employee turned herself in on a felony warrant.
The warrant for 61-year-old Dianne Evans was issued for embezzlement.
At the time of the incident, Evans was employed by the Starkville Parks and Recreation Department. According to the Starkville Daily News, she is accused of embezzling $2,000.
The newspaper reported Evans and Director Herman Peters were placed on unpaid administrative leave during last week's Board of Aldermen meeting.
Evans' bond was set at $2,500.
This investigation is still ongoing.
If you have any information about this incident, you are asked to contact the Starkville Police Department at (662) 323-4131 or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-(800)-530-7151.
- UPDATE: Report: City employee accused of embezzling $2,000
- Starkville Utilities employee charged with embezzlement
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Oxford men accused of embezzling from Walmart
- Panola County woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Volunteer fire chief charged with embezzlement
- Another arrest made in Starkville embezzlement case
- Former MSU event worker arrested for embezzlement
- Police officer indicted on embezzlement charge
- Former Alcorn County clerk arrested for embezzlement