STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Starkville Board of Aldermen has reversed an earlier decision and approved a permit for a gay pride parade to take place later this month.
The board vote was tied, but Mayor Lynn Spruill broke the tie and approved the permit.
Last month, the board rejected the permit request by Starkville Pride.
That led the organization to file a federal lawsuit arguing the denial was unconstitutional.
- Starkville aldermen approve permit for gay pride parade
- Starkville Board of Aldermen denies pride parade
- First Gay Pride Parade in Starkville
- Update: Starkville aldermen accept terms of settlement with Starkville Pride
- Starkville aldermen on list for 'Muzzle Awards' over pride parade vote
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- REPORT: Suit filed to force Starkville to allow gay pride parade
- Starkville Pride plans lawsuit against city after parade denied
- Starkville aldermen halt decision on potential ambulance service
- Could Starkville parade denial hurt business?