TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Get your clocks ready because it's time to spring forward!
Today is your friendly reminder that Daylight Saving Time will begin Sunday morning at 2:00 a.m.
That means it's time to move that clock hand forward.
And even though we loose an hour, we can spend that time in the sunlight in the evening.
This Daylight Saving is a special one because this year will be the 100th anniversary of the solstice practice. The tradition started back in 1918 as a way to preserve coal during World War I.
- Spring forward for Daylight Saving Time
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- St. Jude Blood Donor Center saves lives one bag at a time
- UPDATE: More women come forward following rape arrest
- Tupelo Mayor Jason Shelton's U.S. Senate campaign moving forward
- Applications for 8 Mississippi charter schools move forward
- Puppy saved in house fire
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018
- Holly Springs police search for store robbers
- Tupelo interchange construction set for spring completion