SMITHVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Smithville man is accused of stealing tools in Monroe County.
Joshua Tomey | Photo: Monroe County Jail
Joshua Allen Tomey, 36, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of commercial burglary, as well as one count of petty larceny.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says Tomey broke into and entered a Smithville building owned by another man and took the tools.
Some of the tools have been recovered. However, the recovered tool's value warranted the charge of petty larceny.
He is currently in the Monroe County jail.
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- Smithville man charged with uttering forgery
- UPDATE: Smithville man reported missing found okay
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Smithville
- 3 Smithville youths face child exploitation charges
- Man charged with possession of burglary tools
- Woman accused of stealing dog
- UPDATE: Highway reopened in Smithville after gas leak
- Ripley man accused of stealing ATV in Prentiss County
- Mississippi man accused of stealing school security funds