SMITHVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Smithville man is accused of stealing tools in Monroe County.
Joshua Allen Tomey, 36, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of commercial burglary, as well as one count of petty larceny.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says Tomey broke into and entered a Smithville building owned by another man and took the tools.
Some of the tools have been recovered. However, the recovered tool's value warranted the charge of petty larceny.
He is currently in the Monroe County jail.
Joshua Tomey | Photo: Monroe County Jail
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- Smithville man charged with uttering forgery
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Smithville
- 3 Smithville youths face child exploitation charges
- Woman accused of stealing dog
- Nurse accused of stealing fentanyl
- Mississippi man accused of stealing school security funds
- Man accused of stealing catalytic converters nabbed along shoreline
- Authorities prepare for day 2 of search for man who went missing on Smithville Lake
- Man sentenced for stealing lawn care equipment