TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson recently lifted the temporary ban on female inmates receiving visitors.
Johnson announced the ban on the Lee County Sheriff’s Department’s Facebook page on November 8.
“All female visitation and privileges have been temporarily suspended until further notice. I will not allow the inmates to run the facility,” Johnson stated.
The temporary ban was lifted on November 12.
“There was a situation I’m not going to go into detail about that basically jeopardized the safety of that entire unit,” Johnson told WTVA on November 8.
- Sheriff lifts temporary ban on visitation of female prisoners
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- Flowers asks for temporary release from prison
- US judge extends temporary block on 15-week abortion ban
- Water leak repair causes temporary road closure
- Oxford Middle School placed on temporary lockdown
- Tupelo drivers expect temporary road closure
- Mississippi town lifts its own ban on sale of cold beer
- Tupelo Christmas parade to force temporary street closures
- UPDATE: Boil-water notice lifted for Belmont