MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Monday night's storms caused an 18-wheeler delivering catfish to drive into a ditch.
The accident happened off Highway 82 in Winona.
Chief Tommy Bibbs says the driver of the semi truck said it was straight lined winds that blew him off of the main road. He also told police he had never felt anything like that.
Officials are waiting to remove the truck until the storm passes and the grounds are able to dry.
The driver was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition. He was taken for back pains.
- Semi truck delivering catfish lands in ditch in Montgomery County
- WEB ONLY: Garbage truck delivers birthday surprise
- Lawsuit filed to stop selection of superintendent in Montgomery County
- Montgomery County recovers following tornado nearly a year ago
- Emergency trauma kits delivered to Union County, New Albany
- Prentiss County officers search for truck thief
- Truck collides with 18-wheeler in Lee County
- Long pursuit lands man behind bars in Yalobusha County
- Volunteers prepare and deliver meals in Columbus
- Wreck involving county dump truck, SUV sends one to hospital