NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - A second juvenile has been arrested in connection with a threat made to Nettleton School.
The Lee County Sheriff's Department investigated a possible threat at Nettleton School back on February 19. They had received information about a student having a "hit list" of names of students.
A juvenile was taken into custody that day and taken to Youth Court. The judge ordered they be charged with disrupting a school setting.
After further investigation, another juvenile was arrested Tuesday and also charged in connection to the case. They admitted to deputies that the "hit list" never existed and the entire story was made up.
Sheriff Jim Johnson reiterates that their department will not tolerate any type of threat made to schools.
- Second arrest made in connection to threat made at Nettleton School
- Officers seize package containing drugs in Nettleton, arrest made
- UPDATE: Arrest made following school threats in Amory, Tupelo
- Arrest made in New Hope school threat following investigation
- Another arrest made in connection to lawnmower thefts
- Arrest made for stolen motorcycle
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Arrest made in Derma shooting
- Bomb threat made at Noxubee County High School
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County