CALHOUN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Cell phone users in North Mississippi are accidentally dialing 911 in Calhoun County.
911 Director Wayne Stone says they received several calls on Monday from other counties.
He says these calls come from those calling back an unknown number beginning with (662) 413-...
Stone warns this is a scam, "when they call back it is going straight to Calhoun County 911."
At this time there is no way to stop this scam. Stone added this is a serious situation that is "messing with people's lives."
The 911 dispatch center in Calhoun County received calls from New Albany, Strayhorn, and other areas in North Mississippi.
Stone advises you do not call back any number you do not recognize. If it is important most callers will leave a voicemail.
- Scam number dials 911 in Calhoun County
- North Pontotoc School placed on precautionary lockdown after student accidentally dials 911
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Several arrested during Calhoun County drug roundup
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- Arrest made for Calhoun County burglaries
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- Woman dies in Calhoun County house fire
- Mississippi releases county unemployment numbers
- Calhoun County farmer says wild hogs are causing problems