Photo Gallery 4 Images
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville city leaders interviewed four candidates for the vacant Parks & Recreation Department director position, reports the Starkville Daily News.
The interviews were held during the Board of Aldermen meeting Tuesday afternoon.
The four candidates are Reginald Burton, Jr., of Indiana; Gerry Logan of Starkville; Edward Smith of Tennessee, and Digby Whyte of France.
No action was taken by the board, reports the newspaper. The board recessed until 3 p.m. July 17.
The position has been open since the last director was arrested in an embezzlement investigation.
- Report: Starkville interviews candidates to lead Park & Rec.
- Two more former Starkville Park & Rec. employees indicted
- Report: Former Starkville superintendent to lead MASS
- Starkville park vandalized
- Report: 2nd person indicted in Starkville Parks embezzlement case
- Tupelo Parks and Rec. hosts City Wide Sidewalk Sale
- TPSD to start interviewing superintendent candidates soon
- Starkville looks to fix parking problems
- Starkville hires new Park and Recreation Director
- Report: Starkville looking into 'Go Cup' ordinance