STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Roughly 100 employees at Starkville’s Kirby Building Systems will be put out of work.
This is due to the shifting of production operations, the Starkville Daily News reports.
The newspaper reports the parent company of Kirby Building Systems, Nucor Corp., will be transferring all production from the Starkville plant to its Kirby facility in Portland, Tennessee.
A Nucor spokesperson tells the Starkville Daily News it will be working with the affected employees who want to remain with Nucor find employment opportunities within the company.
- Report: Production shift to cause layoff of 100 at Starkville plant
- Report: Former Starkville superintendent to lead MASS
- Report: Starkville looking into 'Go Cup' ordinance
- Report: Starkville approves ambulance service contract
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- Starkville park vandalized
- Report: Starkville looks to buy land for Sportsplex expansion
- Report: Starkville man faces sexual battery, weapons charge
- Report: Starkville man accused of hitting wife with baseball bat