PHILADELPHIA, Miss. (WTVA) - Pearl River Resort and Bok Homa Casino will soon offer sports betting, reports WLBT-TV in Jackson.
Both casinos are owned and operated by the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians.
This comes after tribal council members unanimously approved amendments to the Choctaw Gaming Commission Regulations on May 31.
As a result, the MBCI and Pearl River Resort will soon offer professional and collegiate sports betting in a legal environment through the resort to honor their bets.
In May, the Supreme Court cleared the way for states to accept the bets.
- Report: Pearl River, Bok Homa Casino to offer sports betting
- Authors of Pearl River message in a bottle found
- Pearl Harbor - 76th Anniversary
- Supreme Court makes sports betting a possibility nationwide
- Mississippians react to sports betting after court clears way
- Mississippi proposes rules to govern legal sports betting
- Delaware launches sports betting, other states close behind
- Louisville woman arrested following casino hotel stabbing
- Mississippi coast casinos break April revenue record
- Pearl lays off 15 to fill budget shortfall