TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) – Tupelo police arrested a man accused of shoplifting from stores inside The Mall at Barnes Crossing.
According to the Tupelo Police Department, the incident happened on Sunday, December 3 at approximately 12:41 p.m.
The police report indicates the officer arrived on the scene on Barnes Crossing Road and found two men wrestling.
One man was identified as a mall officer. The other man was identified as James Ball, 66.
Once the incident calmed down, the mall officer said Ball had attempted to walk out of JC Penny with several items from different stores inside the mall.
The mall officer said he made contact with Ball as Ball was about to get into his vehicle. The mall officer accused Ball of slapping him across the face, leaving deep scratches.
Ball then reportedly attempted to reach inside his car for an item.
The police report states mall officers grabbed Ball and held him from reaching into his car. The report states Ball resisted arrest until the Tupelo police officer arrived.
Ball reportedly had most of the merchandise stuffed underneath his clothing.
He was then transported to the Lee County jail and charged with shoplifting.
- Police arrest man accused of mall shoplifting
- Woman accused of shoplifting from department store
- Batesville man accused of shoplifting from Oxford Walmart
- Man believed to be shoplifting fatally shot by police
- Three arrested for shoplifting from department store on Christmas Eve
- Report: Man arrested in connection to shooting at Memphis mall
- Two people wanted for shoplifting in Columbus
- Police report released following mall store robbery
- Starkville police arrest man accused of appearing naked in public
- Police: Nashville Opry Mills Mall shooting victim dies