Editor's Note: This article has been updated to include new information provided by Columbus police.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people were taken to the hospital after a car jumped a curb and drove into a Columbus Subway restaurant.
Police believe the injuries are non-life-threatening.
This was at the store at 213 Alabama Street. The accident occurred just before 1 p.m.
Early reports indicate the driver got out of his car and left the vehicle in drive. When the vehicle started to roll, the driver attempted to get back into the car. At that time, the driver accidentally hit the gas pedal.
This caused the vehicle to crash into the store and hitting two people inside the dining room.
Police say the driver and one person inside the restaurant were taken to the hospital. Police say the two were alert and talking to emergency personnel.
- UPDATE: 2 taken to hospital after vehicle crashes into Columbus Subway
- Single-vehicle crash turns fatal in Columbus
- Columbus woman accused of damaging vehicle
- Stolen truck crashed in Columbus
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Columbus wreck sends 2 to hospital
- One person hospitalized after two vehicle wreck
- Car crashes into Columbus Little Caesar's
- Stolen car crashes into Columbus bank
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting