LAFAYETTE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Several law enforcement agencies in the Lafayette County area arrested Brandon Lawrence and Adrianna Amos in Oxford on August 9 on controlled substance violations.
Lawrence and Amos were taken into custody after officers seized approximately 20,000 dosage units of Alprazolam and two pounds of marijuana.
Alprazolam is a schedule IV controlled substance commonly known by the brand name of Xanax. It is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders and is highly abused.
During this investigation, officers executed of a search warrant on Lawrence and Amos’s residence where they also seized $14,880.
Lawrence and Amos were both charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute in Lafayette County Justice Court. Bond was set at $15,000 for both.
Lawrence and Amos have both made bond.
- Pair arrested on controlled substance violations in Lafayette County
- Traffic violation ends with DUI arrest
- Starkville firefighters conduct controlled burn
- Teen injured after losing control of vehicle in Alcorn County
- Man found dead in Lafayette County
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- UPDATE: Lafayette County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: 2 tornadoes confirmed in Lafayette County
- SMW expanding in Lafayette County, creating jobs
- Hill appointed interim sheriff in Lafayette County