No injuries in Corinth fire

MGN Online

No one was injured in a Thursday morning house fire in Corinth.

Posted: Apr. 13, 2018 9:32 AM

CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - No one was injured in a Thursday morning house fire in Corinth.

Captain John Butler, Jr., with the Corinth Police Department says the call came into firefighters sometime near 5:41 a.m.

Multiple firetrucks responded to a residence on Cruise Street. Firefighters found flames coming out of the back of the residence.

Firefighters were able to control the fire in approximately 30 minutes.

Butler says the fire started in the kitchen area. The cause looks to be due to an electrical issue. 

No one was inside at the time of the fire.

The residence suffered heavy damage to the kitchen.

Article Comments

Tupelo
Overcast
82° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 87°
Columbus
Broken Clouds
82° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 88°
Oxford
Broken Clouds
79° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 82°
Starkville
Overcast
82° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 88°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather

Latest Video

Image

kicker about the snack

Image

Foggy start with a few scattered storms possible again this Sunday afternoon.

Image

Officer sent to hospital after wreck following pursuit

Image

BODY FOUND IN UNION COUNTY

Image

Firefighters respond to furniture plant fire

Image

Sturgis hosts annual motorcycle rally

Image

Accidental shooting puts man in hospital

Image

Isolated Storms Overnight

Image

WTVA Saturday night sportscast

Image

ICC soccer hosts Meet the Indians