NEW HOPE, Miss. (WTVA) Family and friends laid Antaves Petty to rest Saturday afternoon.
The 16 year old New Hope Student died in a car accident last weekend.
More than 1,000 people gathered in the New Hope High School's gymnasium.
Several of Petty's friends spoke calling him a friend and a brother who was always dancing and had a smile on his face.
Petty played receiver for the New Hope Trojans. His teammates presented Petty's jersey to his mother during the service.
Petty's football coach Chris Pickle talked about what a great player Petty was and how much he will be missed.
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest
- High School Basketball player laid to rest
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Beloved Oxford teacher laid to rest
- Fallen Tupelo detective laid to rest
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- 'Ray' Davis to be laid to rest this weekend
- Mom of Tupelo basketball player laid to rest in Amory
- Man shot and killed in officer-involved shooting laid to rest
- EMCC football player dies in car accident