OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) – A Myrtle man is accused of taking a vehicle in Oxford.
According to the Oxford Police Department, investigators charged Jerry Lee Smith, 25, with one count of motor vehicle theft on Monday.
Police say Smith is accused of taking a vehicle that was left unattended and running while the owner went into a store.
The vehicle was recovered in Lafayette County after a witness called the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department about a vehicle stuck in a field.
He was arrested by the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department shortly after.
His bond was set at $10,000.
Jerry Lee Smith | Photo: Oxford PD
- Myrtle man accused of vehicle theft in Oxford
- Oxford man charged with driving stolen vehicle
- Man accused of biting Oxford police officer
- Oxford man accused of scamming another
- Oxford police charge local man with car theft
- Tupelo man accused of hitting multiple vehicles
- Man accused of taking vehicle in Verona
- Georgia man charged with vehicle theft in Booneville
- Burnsville man arrested in connection to vehicle theft
- Batesville man accused of shoplifting from Oxford Walmart