STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State baseball player Luke Hancock, 19, has been arrested on a domestic violence charge, the Starkville Daily News reports. He was arrested Saturday by Starkville police.
The freshman catcher has been suspended indefinitely from the baseball team, according to a statement the university released that Starkville Daily News reported.
He has since bonded out of jail, the paper reports.
According to records from a complaint filed with police that was provided by an open records request, Hancock was arrested after he was accused of grabbing a female, pushing her from behind and hitting her on the back of the head.
The complaint does not say whom the victim is or what Hancock's relationship is with her.
- UPDATE: Mississippi State baseball player suspended indefinitely
- Alabama defeats Mississippi State 31-24
- Oregon State defeats Mississippi State 12-2
- Update: South Mississippi teen found safe
- UPDATE: Noxubee fugitive heading back to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Sports betting legalized in Mississippi casinos
- Briggs named Mississippi Valley State University president
- Mississippi State football remains in Top 20
- Mississippi universities provide guidance to state's entrepreneurs
- Mississippi State women defeat South Carolina 67-53