MANTACHIE, Miss .(WTVA) - A home off Highway 363 in Mantachie is a total loss after a Monday morning fire.
Fire Chief Jim Roberts says the fire started around 8:30 a.m. and firefighters were on the scene until 11:30 a.m.
One woman lived in the home and she was inside at the time of the fire. Fortunately, she was able to get out safely.
Jordan's cat, Sunshine, was also unharmed by the fire.
Chief Roberts says the fire started in the kitchen. He adds volunteer fire departments from Houston and Mooreville-Eggville assisted in putting out the fire.
The homeowner, Beverly Jordan, says the only item able to be saved was a large bin full of pictures.