CLAY COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Clay County investigators are searching for a man accused stealing a pickup truck and the burglary of a building.
According to the Clay County Sheriff’s Department, the man is identified as Blake Corder. He is wanted by the sheriff’s department for grand larceny and burglary.
Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott says the charges are related to the theft of a pickup truck and the burglary of a building at Prestage Farms in Pheba.
Another man, Jake Huffman, is already in state custody. Officials say the two men broke into the building and got away with equipment and the truck full of tools.
He says the crimes happened in late September, but the truck was recently recovered in Montgomery County.
Sheriff Scott says his department is keeping a close eye on some remaining farm communities in the county.
"These isolated farms in rural areas concern us," he said. "We are trying to pick up patrols in these areas. This time of year it seems thefts are always on the rise."
Officials say Corder could be in the area of Montgomery, Webster and Choctaw counties.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151 or the Clay County Sheriff’s Department at 662-494-2896.
- Man wanted in Clay County for theft, burglary
- Wanted man arrested for theft, burglary
- Houston man charged with Clay County burglary
- Man charged with burglary in Clay County
- Two men charged for Clay County burglary
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary
- UPDATE: Wanted man now in custody in Clay County
- Alcorn County man wanted in Prentiss County for tractor theft
- Woman wanted following auto burglary
- Clay County collision kills one