NOXUBEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man wakes up from a coma only to find his home burglarized, while he and his family were at the hospital waiting for his recovery.
Kelly Coleman was sent to the hospital on January 16 after a gas can exploded in his hand, leaving him in a coma.
His wife said while she and her family were at her husband's bedside, one of their eight children called to say the family's home had been broken into.
About five or six weapons were taken from the house in Noxubee County.
"So I was afraid for my kids' lives. I didn't want them to go home. We didn't know who was coming into our house," Molly Coleman said.
Noxubee County deputies were later able to arrest 18-year-old James Boykins of Noxubee County for the burglary. He is charged with three counts of burglary of a dwelling.
Boykind was released on bond earlier Thursday.
As for Kelly Coleman, he awoke from his coma Wednesday and is recovering.
- Man wakes from coma to learn his home was burglarized
- Man charged with burglarizing home of nursing home patient
- Teens burglarize homes in Tupelo neighborhood
- Columbus man accused of burglarizing auto dealers
- Tupelo business burglarized again Thursday
- UPDATE: Christmas Eve burglar arrested
- Man charged with burglarizing New Hope Dollar General
- Accused burglar arrested in Lowndes County
- Window installer charged with burglarizing work site
- Tupelo police seek ID of restaurant burglar