COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Raymond Davis, 24, the young man shot and killed in an officer-involved shooting was laid to rest on Saturday, just one day before his twenty-fifth birthday.
Dozens of family members lines the sidewalks of Bible Way Progressive Church of God in Christ awaiting their son, brother and friend to be laid to rest.
Many wore t-shirts with Davis' picture on it and the phrase, 'Fly High Raymond', written on the front.
An emotional time for the many friends and family of Davis. Columbus Mayor, Robert Smith and Fred Shelton with Columbus Police Department were in attendance.
Just a week after the shooting, several await more information regarding the investigation that MBI is handling. The city is still asking for patience as this investigation continues.
- Man shot and killed in officer-involved shooting laid to rest
- High School Basketball player laid to rest
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Beloved Oxford teacher laid to rest
- Fallen Tupelo detective laid to rest
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest
- 'Ray' Davis to be laid to rest this weekend
- Mom of Tupelo basketball player laid to rest in Amory
- Marion County officer-involved shooting under investigation