Scroll for more content...
Chris Holley, 40, was credited with time served, sentenced to one year probation and ordered to pay $5,700 in restitution.
He was among seven people indicted for taking items from the Doskie Indian Mound in Tishomingo County.
The burial mound is on U. S. Army Corps of Engineers property, and he was charged with removing items without a permit.
Holley had spend five and a half months in federal custody awaiting resolution of the case against him.
- Man sentenced for stealing Indian artifacts
- Another person sentenced for removing artifacts from burial mound
- Man sentenced for stealing lawn care equipment
- Two more sentenced for indian burial mound desecration
- Former school bookkeeper sentenced for stealing money
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- Woman accused of stealing dog
- Sheriff: Stop Stealing Stop Signs
- Man sentenced after drug bust in Mississippi
- Appeals Court Upholds Columbus Man's Sentence