JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A Lowndes County grand jury has indicted a man for voter fraud.
Cory Ferraez is from Hattiesburg and recently ran for a state House seat there, but he's accused of voting in a North Mississippi election in October 2015.
Ferraez has pleaded not guilty to the two charges against him — swearing to a false application for an absentee ballot and voting outside his legal district.
His attorney issued the following response:
"Mr. Ferraez looks forward to vigorously defending himself from this alleged charge. The state Board of Elections Commission has already looked into this matter and cleared Mr. Ferraez at the time of the special election. Our goal is to anticipate a complete dismissal of the entire case."
Trial is set for February 26.
- Man indicted for voter fraud in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Car wreck in Lowndes County kills Alabama man
- Man charged following altercation with Lowndes County deputies
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Local man charged with burglary in Lowndes County
- Man in Lowndes County jail charged with sexual battery
- Man accused of cutting woman's throat in Lowndes County
- WANTED: Alabama man wanted for aggravated assault in Lowndes County