Photo Gallery 1 Images
LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A weekend house fire in Lee County leaves a family homeless and claims two dogs.
The blaze broke out at a home on County Road 931 in Saltillo around 9:30 Sunday night.
Mooreville Fire Chief Ron Witte says a cigarette not properly put out may have started the blaze.
The chief says it took hours for them to knock down the fire.
Chief Witte says besides the home being a total loss, the family lost two puppies in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Fire destroys Houston home
- Fire destroys Mooreville home
- Oktibbeha County home destroyed in fire
- Clay County family home destroyed after fire
- Fire destroys home in Sturgis
- Fire destroys Mantachie home, taxidermy business
- UPDATE: Man recovering after fire destroys Alcorn County home