STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was arrested over the weekend near Starkville accused of hitting a law enforcement officer.
The Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department identifies that man as Peyton Horn, 21, of Smithville, who is charged with simple assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and public drunkenness.
Sheriff's investigators say Horn's arrest happened before 4 a.m. Sunday in the Highlands Plantation area not far from Mississippi State University.
The officer who was struck was not seriously hurt.
- Man charged with hitting a law enforcement officer
- Man charged after fleeing from law enforcement
- Former law enforcement officer arrested on drug charges
- Northeast Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers Memorial held in Tupelo
- Law enforcement in Tishomingo County arrest 12 on drug charges
- Man arrested after high-speed chase with law enforcement
- Man killed by law enforcement during Neshoba County house fire
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate