STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State's women's basketball team was named the top seed in the Kansas City Region as the 64-team NCAA Women's Tournament field was announced Monday night.
The Bulldogs (32-1) will host Nicholls on Saturday at 5 p.m. in a first-round game. Syracuse and Oklahoma State will play at Humphrey Coliseum at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. MSU defeated both the Orange and the Cowgirls in the regular season.
The MSU-Nicholls winner will play the Syracuse-Oklahoma State winner on Monday in a second-round game in Starkville.
MSU won the SEC regular season championship and is a No. 1 seed for the first time. The Bulldogs advanced to last year's national championship game.
Texas is the No. 2 seed in the Kansas City Region. UCLA is No. 3 and North Carolina State is No. 4.
Connecticut is the No. 1 overall seed and the top seed in the Albany Region. Notre Dame is the top seed in the Spokane Region and Louisville is the top seed in the Lexington Region.
- MSU women's basketball named top seed in Kansas City Region
- Top-seeded MSU earns second-round win over Oklahoma State
- MSU drops Tallahassee Regional opener
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- MSU falls to fourth in AP Women's Basketball Poll
- Top-seeded Bulldogs roll past Nicholls in NCAA Tournament opener
- Mississippi names top teacher and school administrator
- MSU women defeat Kentucky to advance in SEC Tournament
- VIDEO: MSU women prepare for Sweet 16 matchup
- Video: MSU women relaxed ahead of Final Four