MISSISSIPPI STATE, Miss. (WTVA) - The police department at Mississippi State University now has a dropbox in its lobby where people can leave unwanted medications.
It is available for use by the public 24 hours a day.
That dropbox is described by the school as one way to fight opioid abuse.
Another step being taken by MSU is giving campus police officers Narcan, the medication they can give to someone to reverse the effects of an opioid overdose.
- MSU police provides 24/7 drop-off of unwanted medications
- MSU drops Tallahassee Regional opener
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns
- North Mississippi Medical Center closings
- Free medical screenings in Tupelo
- MSU police charge man with assault on officer
- Mullen leaving MSU for Florida
- MSU linebacker Leo Lewis arrested
- Final podcast episode drops early
- Winston Medical Center suing over opioids