STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State University will issue a boil water notice for three buildings Tuesday evening.
According to the university, the boil water notice will be issued at 5 p.m.
The buildings affected are Deavenport Hall, Dogwood Hall and the G.V. "Sonny" Montgomery Center for America's Veterans at Nusz Hall.
The university says this is due to crews installing a new water main to service the three buildings.
"The new lines is being installed to abandon an older water line," the university stated. "No other campus facilities will be affected by this boil water notice."
Once water samples have been approved, the notice will be lifted.
The university says students, faculty and staff in these buildings may use the water for sanitary purposes, but should not drink the water.
The work is expected to be done by Friday evening.
- MSU issues boil water notice for several buildings
- Saltillo issues boil water notice
- UPDATE: MSU boil water notice lifted
- Boil water notice issued in Shuqualak
- Boil water notice issued for Slate Springs Water Association
- Boil water notice issued for Atlanta Water Association
- Boil water notice issued for some in Calhoun County
- Boil water notice issued for some in Saltillo
- Boil-water notice issued for some in Noxubee County
- Boil water notice issued for some in Chickasaw County