Update 09/20/18 10:02 a.m.
This notice was lifted on Wednesday, September 19. Water from this system is now safe to drink.
Update 09/14/18 10:02 a.m.
The Town of Blue Mountain released the following statement Friday morning.
"Residents there is another water main break! Water may be off for a while today. We will post updates as we receive them. The Mayor and utility workers are working as quickly as possible to repair. Please be patient."
The information below went into effect on Thursday, September 13.
See the original post below.
BLUE MOUNTAIN, Miss. (WTVA) - The town of Blue Mountain has issued a boil water alert.
According to the Mississippi State Department of Health, the notice went into effect Thursday, September 13.
This affects approximately 1,811 customers who are served by the town.
This is a precautionary boil water alert. This is due to a system-wide pressure loss.
- UPDATE: Boil water alert for Blue Mtn. has been lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- UPDATE: MSDH lifts boil water alert for Hamilton Water District
- UPDATE: Boil water alert could be lifted for Tupelo Saturday
- UPDATE: Boil-water alert lifted for Town of Vaiden
- UPDATE: Boil-water notice lifted for Belmont
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Smithville
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Hatley
- UPDATE: MSU boil water notice lifted