WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – The Winston Choctaw County Regional Correctional Facility (WCCRCF) will continue to maintain state prisoners.
This comes after the Mississippi Department of Corrections signed an ongoing contract, reports Winston Web News.
The new agreement guarantees a minimum of 270 inmates at a rate of $23.92 per day. The prior contract was at a rate near $30 per day.
The news source reports the facility has been operating at a rate of $20 per day and often with low inmate counts since the expiration of the original agreement.
- MDOC agreement allows local jail to keep state prisoners
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- Former MDOC officer faces charges in Lee County
- MDOC reducing number of inmates at regional facilities
- MDOC home visit leads to arrest in Tishomingo County
- Tupelo police discover, arrest man wanted by MDOC
- UMMC, Vanderbilt reach agreement
- UPDATE: Regional jails in the state prison system no longer on lockdown
- Philadelphia man heads to prison
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail